Do you know?
Children are exposed to violence every day in their homes, schools, and communities. Such exposure can cause them significant physical, mental, and emotional harm with long-term effects that can last well into adulthood. Exposure to violence can limit children's potential and increase their likelihood of becoming involved in the juvenile or criminal justice system. These children are often more likely to develop a substance use disorder; suffer from depression, anxiety and posttraumatic stress disorder; and fail to thrive in school, according to the Office of Juvenile Justice.
Support "Breaking the Violence Cycle" programs.
- Youth HUB Center in each community
- Cyberbullying & Deep Fake News education
- Smart & Secure Cities/Schools programs
- Hate speech & Hate Crime prevention
- Mental Health and violence Impact prevention and intervention
- Human rights, Gender&Inclusion communities engagement activities
- Human Trafficking and online prevention
- Crime & Urban Security partnerships
You can support NOW in different ways!
every time you buy in Amazon
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones.